Balmer Dawson Executive Search is proud to partner with the Congregation of the Holy Spirit to seek an experienced self-motivated and collaborative Fundraising Manager to join their team, to sustain and expand their work, and to secure their valuable legacy.
The Congregation of the Holy Spirit – more commonly known as The Spiritans – is a catholic missionary congregation with over 180 professed members in Ireland and on mission across the world, as well as a smaller number of lay associate members. Globally the Spiritans have missionaries in 56 countries. Members of the Irish Province currently serve in 15 of these, across Africa, Asia, Europe, Oceania and the Americas. As missionaries, Spiritans work with communities living in situations of entrenched poverty around the world.
Spirasi (Spiritan Asylum Services Initiative) is their national centre for the rehabilitation of survivors of torture, serving asylum seekers and migrants for over 20 years. An Tobar, their Spiritan Spirituality Retreat Centre located outside Navan, is where Spiritans, parish groups, the local community and others can come together to reflect, collaborate and learn. There are four Spiritan Parishes in Dublin – Greenhills, Bawnogue, Deansrath and Kimmage, where they focus on lay leadership, youth formation, social awareness and adult participation in faith. As part of the Spiritan global network operating in 56 countries around the world, 50 Irish Spiritans are involved in relief and development projects in areas of entrenched poverty and deprivation in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
For over 160 years the Spiritans have been involved in education, social outreach and parish life in Ireland. Today they educate over 5,000 students in their schools in Ireland – Blackrock College, Rockwell College, St Mary’s Junior and Senior College, St Michael’s Junior and Senior College, Templeogue College, Willow Park Senior and Junior Schools.
Reporting to the Director of Promotions, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development and implementation of a long-term fundraising strategy building income across all streams to include international development opportunities (involving travel to Africa and South America)
- Manage, inspire and develop a team of three staff within the Promotions office
- Develop, manage and monitor fundraising strategy and activities securing sustainable income from a variety of sources including individual and regular giving, legacies and gifts, corporate philanthropy, events and campaigns
- Develop existing and new relationships with advocates, prospects and donors in support of fundraising objectives
- In collaboration with colleagues in the Provincial Leadership Team, Province Communications, the Province Education Office and the Overseas Development Office, develop print and digital communications and fundraising tools and publications which promote strong brand recognition for the Spiritans’ service and work
- Implement a regular cycle of fundraising communication with donors and key stakeholders, including the Dublin Archdiocese, development agencies and schools
- Develop and maintain effective supporter journeys for the development of relationships and retention
- Organise events and special activities in support of fundraising for identified Spiritan causes
- Work with the Overseas Development Office to identify and develop opportunities to link Spiritan development projects and external funders
- Ensure that all legal, regulatory and governance obligations are met in relation to fundraising activities and reporting, including full accountability and transparency in all fundraising practices and procedures
- Provide regular key performance indicators and financial reporting to the Provincial Leadership Team and Finance Manager
Ideally, the candidate will possess the following qualifications, experience and professional characteristics:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in successfully managing and delivering increased donor giving including major gifts, with decision making and budget responsibility
- Strong generalist fundraising experience at management/leadership level
- Experience of international development fundraising with the capacity to identify projects and develop programmes abroad
- Proven track record of bringing creative thinking and fresh ideas to an organisation and its work
- Strong story-telling capability with passion and ability to convey impact to a wider audience
- Written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present and convey complex ideas and issues clearly and coherently
- High level of emotional intelligence (EQ)
- Experience of harnessing the strength of organisational brand for a charity
- Proven ability to effectively build, manage and develop key stakeholder and donor relationships
- Self-motivated, decisive, with strong organisational, multi-tasking and collaborative skills
- People management and strong leadership experience
- Strong IT literacy including MS office, CRM software, digital communication tools and social media tools
- Strategic mindset with the capability to capture the culture and structure of a complex organisation and develop a fundraising strategy to suit the needs of the organisation
- Degree educated within communications, marketing, business, overseas development or similar
- A keen interest in Spiritan work and service
- Flexible to travel overseas in support of fundraising for Spiritan relive and development projects
- Full driver’s licence and use of a vehicle
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends where necessary
Based in Dublin, with some international travel including developing countries
Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm, with flexibility around weekend events
Attractive remuneration package on offer for the right candidate depending on level of experience.
Please apply by email with your CV and cover letter, (maximum one page), outlining how your motivation, experience and skills fit the role in the strictest of confidence to Gilly Balmer or Zena Dawson at firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday, 17th August 2021 by 5pm (GMT)
The Congregation of the Holy Spirit is an equal opportunities employer.